Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rose Bouquet Cake



Well, as much fun as I'm having with cake decorating, the Wilton rose is just something that I can't do very well. I'm not sure if it is my icing consistency or me, but something is not quite right and I can't quite figure out what it is. They look like roses, just not like very nice roses. This is one of those times where you can really appreciate your friends. I had few come over for coffee and they all thought the cake looked wonderful, so by the end of our coffee session I was able to look at the cake (or what was left of it) and see that the roses, although not perfect, didn't look as bad as I originally thought. I guess I'm my worst critique, but then aren't we all?

1 comment:

  1. This one is my favorite! How do you keep your cake flat on top??? Mine always doom up in the middle. I think the roses are lovely......in nature, no two roses are alike.

    ReplyDelete