Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Sweet Creations Blog

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who know me, you may already be familiar with my other blog called Lena's Creations. That is for all my paper crafting, scrapbooking, card making and general crafts.

This blog, however is going to be dedicated to my Sweet Creations only. I sat for a while and debated about it's name ~ should it be Sweet Creations or Yummy Creations. Well, I'm actually hoping that it will be both, but I didn't want the name to be too long, so I settled on the Sweet Creations.

I have always enjoyed baking cakes and desserts. In fact, although I can cook pretty nicely, at least everyone says so :), I much prefer baking. Maybe it has something to do with my sweet tooth?! All of my cakes have always been made from scratch and baked in fancy bundt forms with no further decoration being required.

However, I always admire beautifully decorated cakes and it was with this in mind that I decided to learn. So I began by taking a few classes to see if I would enjoy it and if, especially, I had the patience for it. You see, patience is a virtue that must have been in short supply when I was born, because I wasn't blessed with much of it :)

As the lessons progressed, I found that I really enjoy it. I have now successfully complete Wilton's course 1 and 2 and have started a Sugarpaste and Fondant course. I enjoyed the other 2, but I'm having a ball with this one. It is just so much fun!

I will be posting my sweet creations periodically on this blog, so come take a peek every once in a while and if you see something you like, email me at lenfon@msn.com.

Please remember that I'm still new at this, so if you more seasoned bakers have any advice, suggestions or kind criticism, please let me hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment